Monday, March 28, 2011

Feature Creature!

I'm a monster of main events! A demon of debuts! A poltergeist of performance!

I'm also featuring TONIGHT at Bloombars!

Can't make it? That's all right, I happen to ALSO be featuring Thursday at Spit Dat open mic!

That's right, it's a two-feature week! Shit's about to get real.

I performed on Saturday at Fan-Freaking-Tastic, a comedy-kinda-show at Chief Ikes in DC.  It went pretty well, considering I was the only poet going up there.  Luckily, I'm hilarious, so it worked out.  Actually, I think my moniker got more laughs than my poetry.  But that's okay.  No big deal.  It's not like I need to be validated on a daily basis.
oh god, oh god, why don't people like me?
Anyway.  It should be exciting/exhausting.  Having my first AND second feature in one week is pretty daunting, but I'm totally pumped.  Besides, honestly, I think having this much performance in one week will give me a certain amount of momentum that will make my features that much more fun to watch.  And I've spent too much of my life taking slow, controlled breaths.  I heard hyperventilating from time to time is good for you.

I'm also planning on trying to add some more emotion to my delivery.  I feel like I still sound a bit like I'm reciting sometimes.  When I see the performers I really like, they seem to have a real direct connection with what they're saying.  I want to work on that.


Either way, wish me luck, non-existent blog-subscribers.  It's time to rock some socks and take some names and chew bubblegum...or something...

No comments:

Post a Comment