Tuesday, April 19, 2011

NaPoWriMo 19/30

Oh good lord.  What have I done.

This is what happens when I write 19 poems in a month.  My brain just says "Fuck it."


Four score and seven years ago
Our forefathers…
Got funky.

(Start beat)
Yo I’m the rockin’ Abe Lincoln
And I know what you’re thinkin’
Man, forefathers didn’t rap
What the hell he been drinkin’?
Well, my style is wack, but my beats are phat,
From size 14s to my stovepipe hat.
So if you feel my flow and you feel the burn,
Then sit right back cause it’s time to learn,

I’m the rockin’ Abe Lincoln,
Give it time to sink in
Prez AB was a poet,
Bet you don’t even know it,
All my pieces rhymed A-B-A-B
And the shit beat down the confederacy.
General Robert E. Lee
Got no poetry
And Stonewall Jackson?
That man was wack, son!
P.T. Beauregard
The man was, like, French.
We did to those punks like we did to England
We kicked their ass all the way to Richmond.
There was emancipation across the nation
With a proclamation
Against degradation
Of the African nation,
A transformation
Of this segregation,
It’s liberation
Time for celebration.
(Dancing)
FourSquaring? I’m FourScoring.
I don’t know sports and still I four Score.
What do you call it when a president has four first ladies.
Huh.
Four score.
(Stop)
“My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it.
Just, I mean, so you know.
(Beat)
I’m the rockin’ AB and I’m here to say,
If you’re gonna get freedom, you gotta pay,
Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth,
I just got shot by John Wilkes Booth.
But that doesn’t mean
I’m off the scene,
Makin’ fellas say hey
And the ladies all scream.
I’m a Republican Sultan
And a king of Rock
I’ve got clinical depression
And a twelve inch-
(Record scratch)
“Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.
Rockin’ AB has a lesson, you see
If you wanna get down, read history.
If you wanna know pain,
Try John Coltrane.
If you wanna learn flow,
Try Diderot.
Want something pretty?
Try Leonardo Da Vinci.
Write a badass song
About Ghengis Kahn!
Make a piece of art
About Renee Descartes!
Mr. AB ain’t history
He’s 6 foot four
Gonna kick down your door.
And yell FOUR SCORE,
And seven years from now.
Let’s see who knows YOUR name.

No comments:

Post a Comment