Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Joy of being Self-Absorbed

Yes.

For some reason, every picture of me slamming has me doing the exact same hand motion.  Like "Okay, listen guys, this is important, okay?"

NERD!

Anyway, I lost the slam yesterday.  No biggie, the people who won were powerhouses of poetic awesome.  Definitely excellent showmen.  They showed me I should probably step up my performance, that I should maybe get a little more emphatic.

In that vein, I'm writing a poem for this week's writing group where the prompt was to not write a poem about sex.

Behold:

This is a list
Of things I think of when I’m with you.
Baseball.
Hairy men in tight pants
And closely trimmed green fields.
Baseballs with smooth white skins
Pulled taught
That I can wrap my hands-
Hm.

Math.
Fractions and decimals
Equations that are irrational.
Building more and more unreal
Growing exponentially
Higher and higher
Until finally you have a solution for sex-
X!! I mean, a solution for X!!
And lying tangent to your curves-
Argh.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

NERD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment