Thursday, June 2, 2011

Dia Dos y Tres: Realizations.

Couple new things struck me in the last two days:

Madrid is not a place to spend more than a week in.  Apparently this is well known to everyone except the people I spoke to about my trip.

Madrid is expensive.  Like four dollar cup of coffee expensive.

People do not speak English in Madrid.  This, again, another fact known to everyone except the people I spoke to about my trip.

Pork can be really expensive.  On the other hand, pork in Madrid is delicious.  Eggs are cheap.  Pork and eggs are delicious and cheap.  I haven't had vegetables in three days.

So everything is going really well, I've seen quite a bit of the city.  I'm realizing I've seen almost everything, save for the Prado museum and the casa de campo park.  I'm faced with the fact that coming back to Madrid will involve me running around the sites I've already seen.  So, now I get to rearrange a trip I'm in the middle of.  This sounds bad/irritating/confusing, but actually, it's kind of fun.

I travel the way I live.  By the skin of my teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment