Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Bill Maher is an idiot.

Bah.  Two posts about the Rally to Restore Sanity.  Because, you know, that's real politics.  But I'll console myself in that it's also a post ripping into Bill Maher.

Let me give you some background on the profound hatred I have for this pseudo-intellectual pile of meaningless vaguely leftist rhetoric.

Bill Maher is a libertarian.  I should probably write an entry about this, but I think libertarians are one step away from...you know what I don't even know what they're one step away from.  They're so far outside the realm of logic, not to mention the realm of reasonable political discourse, that I don't know what to say about them.  Privatizing libraries? Can you honestly espouse that view without completely annihilating your relevance?

He's also a member of PETA.  You know.  The PETA that equates mistreated chickens with the HOLOCAUST.

He's a-ok with racial profiling at airports.
Interviewer: I want to go ahead to a stand that you take on racial profiling, and in the book, you say that's fine at airports?
Maher: Absolutely.

And more than anything, he acts as a perfect explanation of why the South and religious people don't trust Democrats or liberals.  Not to mention he's kind of a racist.

This is why when I read this "critique" of Jon Stewarts "rally" I got more than a little miffed.

In response to Jon Stewart claiming that the media only pays attention to the radicals and not the reasonable people, Maher explains how reasonable he is.  This, of course, after his previous claims of how most Republicans are racist and that America is, largely, dumber than Obama.

I quote: "I can't name any Democratic leaders who think 9/11's an inside job."

I always love arguments that begin with "I can't name" or "I can't think of" because it shows how much the person bases their opinion in fact.

So maybe there's no Democrats that believe 9/11 is an inside job.  But there are those that will assert factually inaccurate and terrible things about their opposition.  You know, like claiming that people on the other side are religious nutbag racists.  And not educated and reasonable people.

Mr. Maher, you are the last person that should be arguing that the left is reasonable.  It is.  But only because you're not part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment