Tuesday, January 15, 2013

So how about that blogging?

I'd really like to do a statistical analysis of my intentions.  For example, I frequently intend to go to the gym.  But I have a few dozen rolls that testify to the strength of that intention.  I also frequently intend to better myself with a hefty piece of literature.  And I have several completed video games that show my progress towards betterment.

Then there's this blog.  And the three ones I had before it.

I think there's an expiration date on my enthusiasm that corresponds directly to the difficulty of the task and the frequency with which I'm expect to do it.  Let's see if we can regress this.

Time before failure = B0 + B1(difficulty) + B2(expected frequency) + B3(level of self-doubt) + B4(amount of sex I'm getting) + B5(Amount of work I'm putting off) + B6(Whether the task involves the verbs 'blog' 'tweet' or 'facebook').  

And something something p-values.  I hate my life right now, that's what I'm trying to say with this post.

Anyway, I'm gonna try and jump start this thing like a failing marriage.  And like a failing marriage, I'll probably cheat on it with other blogs.  Or something.  Metaphoric capacity has been replaced by regressions in my brain-space.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment